This ladybird headband is good fun to make. You could use face paints to paint your child’s face red with black spots and add red or black clothes, allowing you to create a ladybird outfit quite easily. Alternatively, they could just wear the ladybird headband. Here is how to make a ladybird headband:
What do I need to make the Ladybird Headband?
- Black Card
- Red Card or Paper
- White Card or Paper
- 2 x Red Pipe Cleaners
- 2 x Black Pom Poms
- A Stapler
- PVA Glue
- Sticky Tape
How do I make a ladybird headband?
- Get the two pipe cleaners and put a blob of PVA glue on one end of each pipe cleaner. Now stick the black pom poms on the end. Leave on a flat surface to dry fully.
- Now cut a length of black card to go round the head circumference of whoever is wearing the headband. I used a piece of A4 black card and cut two lengths (both approx 10 cm wide). Then I stapled the two pieces of card together at both ends to make a circle for the headband. This way you can adjust the size and make sure the headband fits before adding the final staples to the headband. (Adult to do the stapling)
- Now cut two red circles and two white circles (see picture). Stick the white circles onto the red circles with pva glue. Once dry add a black dot with a pen in the centre of the white circles and you have some eyes.
- Glue the eyes onto the headband (in the centre at the front), see picture.
- Now cut a thin crescent shape in red for the mouth (see picture) and stick under the eyes with pva glue. Let it dry.
- Now use sticky tape to attach the two red pipe cleaners. Stick tape inside the headband above the eyes. You might want to cut a bit off the length of the pipe cleaner (not the pom prom end!) before sticking it, if it feels too long.
If you have enjoyed this craft you will find lots more on the blog in the ‘At Home’ section.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Supervise activity at all times and make sure it is age appropriate.