Making Cardboard Gingerbread People can be lots of fun as the imagination can flow. You could build a whole village of gingerbread people. They can all have different personalities and different clothes etc.
What do I need to make the people?
- Cardboard (we used corrugated cardboard) from a packing box
- Gingerbread Cookie Cutter Shapes
- A Pencil
- Colouring Pens
- Googly Eyes and glue to stick them on
- Materials to decorate your gingerbread people with examples include sequins, beads, buttons, wool or ribbon.
How do I make the Cardboard Gingerbread People?
- Lay your cardboard out on a flat surface.
- Then draw around your gingerbread people cookie cutters (if you don’t have any cookie cutters you could just draw free hand).
- Cut out the cardboard gingerbread people (I recommended an adult does this part as the card can be quite tough to cut).
- Then decorate the gingerbread people and maybe add a face with the colouring pens with googly eyes.
- Then decorate the gingerbread people with all the decorating materials (see examples in photo).
Why not make a cardboard gingerbread family or use the cardboard gingerbread people on the front of a folded piece of card as a Christmas card?
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Beware of small parts. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.