Business Networking Events are a fantastic way to showcase your local business and create new business connections (and friendships too!). They are not as daunting as they sound – please read on to find some top tips on how to get the most out of a Business Networking Event.
Berkshire Mummies Business Networking Events provide a relaxed, informal and supportive environment in which to meet fellow local business owners and create new connections. You can book tickets to upcoming events here.
If you find this blog useful and informative make sure you join the Berkshire Mummies Business Mailing List and follow on Instagram and Facebook. For Berkshire Mummies Business Networking, click here.
How to Get the Most out of a Business Networking Event
- Be prepared for a networking meeting in order to take the stress away; know where to park, have some questions ready in your head to ask other networkers and look at previous event photos, videos and reels to get a feel of what an event will be like. Plan what to say about your business for discussions and also work on ‘elevator’ pitches (the Berkshire Mummies’ pitches are very informal and a brief introduction, so please don’t feel worried about these). You can also email / message on social media the event host and introduce yourself prior to the event – they will be very happy to help you feel confident coming to their event.
- Plan your outfit – wear something you will feel happy and confident in. Look at event photos of the networking you are going to in order to check the dress code.
- Check if there is there food and drink available at the venue.
- Is there a guest speaker or activity? Do I need to do anything to prepare for this? Also, don’t forget to take something to make notes – a pad of paper or a electronic device, which ever is your preference.
- Three questions – have 3 questions ready to ask other networkers. Always share an interest in others. Networking isn’t just about selling and promoting your own business, it’s about building connections and developing relationships – remember, you never know who knows who.
- Collect contact details during the networking event and don’t be afraid to take down a few notes to remember who people are – you can always do this in the car after a networking event if needed. You can follow networkers on their social media and make sure you gather in any business cards on offer for future references.
- Follow up – after the meeting make sure you follow the networking group online. You can join the Berkshire Mummies Facebook Group here and follow on Instagram. You could share a social media post or story about your time at the event, don’t forget to tag the host. Follow up and keep in touch with the people you have connected with at networking event – meet for a coffee, start a conversation online and/or send an email. Try to like and comment on someone’s social media posts. Supporting one another is key.
Berkshire Mummies Business Networking
Don’t forget Berkshire Mummies holds Business Networking events every month where you can connect with other local businesses in Berkshire and beyond. These are great for meeting fellow local business owners, forming new business connections, and learning by getting tips and advice from attendees and guest speakers.
You can find out more about upcoming events and how to book tickets by clicking here.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.