AD // An Awesome place for Mums to exercise and bring the kids along.
A Bracknell fitness studio is inviting women to bring their young children along with them when they exercise.
Owner of BestLife Basics in Forest Park Business Park, Marla Murray Callisen, says it is her mission to help busy mums get some well deserved ‘me time’.
Mother of one Mrs Murray Callisen said ‘Mums often need to work so hard to lose weight after pregnancy thanks to a perfect storm of life changes’.
‘Making some time to get into the fitness studio to exercise whilst also learning how to manage your nutrition and your family’s at this critical stage will make all the difference in future,’ she said.
Children aged 2.5 to 4 years old are welcome in the studio between 10am and 1pm every weekday. There is a comfortable corner of the studio set aside for them to watch their digital devices and a small table for them to sit at while they do some drawing.
Mrs Murray Callisen offers five tips to help get Mums started:
- Don’t try to do it all at once, slow and steady always wins the race.
- Taking baby/toddler for regular walks is a great way to burn off some extra calories.
- Don’t lock yourself away. Remember to get out and interact with other adults it’s great for mental health.
- Weight loss plateaux are real, don’t get discouraged. Weight loss can slow down, but don’t give up. This is just your body’s way of saying give me a little break. Not a time to binge, but maybe you’ve reduced your calories too quickly. Take some time to stabilise.
- You may need help; asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Look to your family and friends for support. Look for a fitness studio with a community of women who have gone through, or are going through, what you are experiencing. Training with like minded women is food for the soul.
BestLife Basics – Ladies Learning To Lift is a new fitness studio in catering for women of all ages. Its mission is to help women improve their fitness and health. Women receive a lot of support as they learn new exercises that will help them lose weight, move better and gain strength.
*AD – Paid Partnership. Content for this post was supplied by Mrs Murray Callisen from BestLife Basics. Click to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.