Here is a recipe for Coconut Crunch Cookies which I baked with my eldest. I haven’t cooked with desiccated coconut for many years so it was a great ingredient to discover again. The cookies make a great snack for the family.
140g Self Raising Flour
100g Caster Sugar
50g Desiccated Coconut
35g Cereal Rice Puffs (you could also use crushed cornflakes)
Method for making the Coconut Crunch Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and self raising flour and mix all the ingredients together.
- Then add the desiccated coconut and rice puffs.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray in even quantities (see picture below), approx 8cm – 10cm diameter each.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook on Gas Mark 5 for 12 minutes, if you want the cookies slightly more golden, cook for a further few minutes.
- The mixture made 12 cookies when we made them.
For more of Berkshire Mummies recipes click here.
*Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Ensure an adult supervises the making of these cookies, especially with the hot oven. Check for allergies before serving and avoid any ingredients not suitable.