Bananas are one of our families favourite foods, everyone loves them and I don’t like to admit how many we eat throughout a week! However, we recently discovered frozen chocolate bananas and can’t get enough of those either, so I thought I would share our recipe for Rainbow Frozen Chocolate Bananas.
What will you need to make the Rainbow Frozen Chocolate Bananas?
4 x Ripe Bananas
100g x Chocolate – we use milk chocolate but dark chocolate would also work
Rainbow coloured spinkles and / or 50g x chopped nut (we have previously used flaked almonds which worked well)
8 x reusable plastic coloured forks
How to make the Rainbow Frozen Chocolate Bananas?
- Layout a sheet of tin foil on your work surface.
- Peel each banana and cut them in half, width ways.
- Push a fork into the non ‘pointed’ end of each banana.
- Put the bananas on a chopping board.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave for 1-2 minutes on high until liquid. Make sure you don’t burn the melted chocolate.
- Then spoon chocolate onto each banana – use the melted chocolate evenly on each banana.
- Then put rainbow coloured sprinkles and / or nuts onto the melted chocolate.
- Put the bananas in a freezable box in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Then take a frozen banana out of the freezer when you are ready to eat one.
We find that frozen bananas are a delicious treat and we generally eat them as a pudding on warmer days.
*Disclaimer, make sure you supervise any children making this recipe with you, especially when knives are being used. Check for allergies before serving and avoid any ingredients not suitable. Make sure ingredients are age appropriate and not a choke hazard – this recipe is not recommended for under 3 year olds and make sure you supervise children aged 3+ whilst they eat them. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.