Play Dough provides endless opportunities for play and discovery.
What do I need for this activity?
- Some coloured play dough.
- Some objects to make marks with – buttons, dried pasta, a fork, pinecone for example.
- Rolling pin.
How do I do this activity?
- Roll out your play dough.
- Use your mark making ‘tools’ and objects to create patterns. As you can see from the photo we use buttons to create repeating patterns which look really effective.
- If you run out of play dough just roll up the play dough, re-roll and get making some more patterns.
Could you make a scene – a beach, a dinosaur world, a fairy garden with play dough and use your mark making skills and tools?
Could you look around the house or garden and see if you can find any new mark making tools?
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies.