Something I do every year is make homemade Christmas Cards with my children. On occasions we have made homemade Christmas wrapping paper before and this year, especially with the November lockdown have used this as one of our activities to keep us busy.
What do I need to make Homemade Christmas Wrapping Paper?
- Brown Paper
- Poster paint (Christmas Colours)
- Paint brush
- Christmas cookie cutters – Christmas trees, angel, snowman, stocking, gingerbread man, star etc.
How do I make Homemade Christmas Wrapping Paper?
- Put your paint onto a flat surface, I use plastic container lids.
- Cut a length of brown paper and place it along the surface of a flat table.
- Dip the rim of a cookie cutter into the paint a use it to print onto the brown paper.
- Create a pattern and design with your cookie cutters.
- If you want to add more details to your prints on the wrapping paper use a paint brush or finger painting to add extra details.
- Then put the paper out to dry and roll out another sheet of paper to decorate.
- When we made the wrapping paper also did some hand print painting which was fun and makes lovely wrapping paper.
If you have enjoyed this craft, click here for some more inspiration.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.