Here is how we made some little vibrant homemade Christmas tree decorations. They are great for sticking on to Christmas cards to give to loved ones or can be made into Christmas decorations for your own tree or gifted to friends and family.
What do I need to make Homemade Christmas Tree Decorations?
- PVA Glue.
- Green lolly sticks (paint the lolly sticks green if you don’t have pre-coloured ones). You will need 3 lolly sticks per Christmas tree.
- Green pipe cleaners – one per Christmas tree.
- Small colourful pom poms.
How do I make the homemade Christmas trees decorations?
- Glue three lolly sticks together in a triangle and let the glue set until the lolly sticks are stuck together. I did mine the day before we decorated the trees so they had plenty of time to dry.
- Then ‘zig-zag’ the pipe cleaner up the tree. Wrap both ends of the pipe cleaner around the triangle shape to make it secure (see picture).
- Then glue pom poms onto the tree and pipe cleaners using PVA a glue. Let the glue dry.
- If you want to turn your tree into a decoration attached another pipe cleaner at the top point of the triangle tree so you can hang it on the tree.
- Alternatively, fold a piece of A4 card in half and stick the homemade Christmas tree decoration to the front of the card with PVA glue and let it dry. Then you have a homemade Christmas card to give.
If you have enjoyed this craft, click here for some more inspiration.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Beware of small parts. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.