These Heart Jam Tarts only are made using just three ingredients and make a tasty treat or gift for a celebration.
What do I need to make Heart Jam Tarts?
- 85g Butter or Margarine
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 1 jar of strawberry or raspberry jam
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Cupcake Tray
- Biscuit Cutters – circle and heart
How do I make Heart Jam Tarts?
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190c.
- Weigh out the butter or margarine and self raising flour.
- Tip both the weighed out ingredients into the mixing bow.
- Mix both ingredients together with your washed hands until they come together in a ball.
- Now grease your cupcake tray holes with a small layer of butter or margarine.
- Dust the work surface with a sprinkling of flour. Place the ball of pastry on top and roll out until about 1/2cm-1cm thick depending on personal preference.
- Then cut out the circles to make the bases of your Heart Jam Tarts and place them in the baking tray holes.
- Next add a spoonful of jam to each tart. Don’t fill them to the brim as the jam bubbles up when cooking.
- Then with the remaining pastry cut out hearts. We used different sized hearts to create different designs on the top of our jam tarts.
- Now turn the oven up to Gas Mark 6 / 200c and back the jam tarts for 15 – 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Take the jam tarts out of the oven, let them cool and then scoop them out of the cup cake tray before cold.
- Place on a cooling rack to go cold before serving.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Only use ingredients that don’t cause allergies and aren’t a choke hazard. Make sure the activity is age appropriate and supervised at all times