Fruit Salad Pizza’s are simple and super fun to make. They let your child / children get creative and they can enjoy a snack or a pudding too.
What do I need to make a Fruit Salad Pizza?
- Round slices of watermelon.
- Fruit of your choice e.g. grapes, orange segments, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi (chop fruit so it is not a choke hazard and only use and serve fruit that is appropriate and not an allergen).
- A knife and chopping board (adult only).
How do I make a Fruit Salad Pizza?
- Cut a watermelon in the centre so you get some whole round circular pieces as your ‘pizza’ base.
- Cut up some fruit eg kiwi, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples.
- Set your child the task of arranging the fruit on their watermelon ‘pizza’ base. If you wanted to you could also put a layer of yoghurt between the fruit and watermelon base, but this can be totally optional.
- You can the cut the fruit salad pizza into quarters so you have pizza slices.
- You could use this as an opportunity to discuss whole, half and quarter as you chop the pizza in half and eat it a quarter at a time!
- Write and / or draw a recipe card for your Fruit Salad Pizza.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times, especially if the activity or craft involved cutting and chopping. Only use and serve food that are age appropriate for those participating in this activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Make sure food is cut so it is not a choke hazard.