These Fruit and Nut Chocolate drops are very simple to make, tasty yummy and would make a lovely homemade gift for a special occasion.
What ingredients do I need?
- 100g chocolate (dark, milk or white).
- 25g dried fruit and 25g nuts (I used unsalted peanuts and raisins). If allergic to nuts you could replace with another dried fruit – eg. apricots, cranberries.
- A sheet of tin foil / baking paper.
How do I make Fruit and Nut Chocolate Drops?
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces into a bowl and melt the chocolate. I melted ours for a minute on high in the microwave and then a further 10 seconds at a time until melted – watch you don’t over cook the chocolate.
- Put your sheet of tin foil or baking paper onto a baking tray or plate (make sure there is room in the fridge).
- Once the chocolate has cooled but is still runny, use a teaspoon to put a spoonful of chocolate on to the tin foil or baking paper and then spread it out into a smooth disc with the bottom of the spoon. We made ours about the size of a 2p.
- Roughly chop the fruit and nuts into small pieces
- Then sprinkle the fruit and nuts over the chocolate – refer to picture for inspiration.
- Put the Fruit and Nut Chocolate Drops into the fridge to set for an hour.
- Once set, keep in the fridge until they are ready to serve.
If you liked this recipe also have a look at how to make Chocolate Monster Drops. Check out the other Berkshire Mummies ‘At Home’ activities over on the blog for lots of craft, activity and recipe ideas.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Only use ingredients that don’t cause allergies and aren’t a choke hazard. Supervise at all times.