Here are some ideas of places, events and activities you can attend / do for free of charge in Berkshire and the surrounding area.
- Visit Changing of the Guard in Windsor. Play in a Splash Pad, both Jocks Lane and Locks Ride have Splash Pads which are free of charge to use.
- Go for a picnic along the River Thames – Windsor, Marlow, Henley on Thames and Runnymede are all lovely locations to take a picnic.
- Feed the Ducks (again, the above locations are all great for this).
- Norden Farm have created ‘The Maidenhead Beach’ which is open for the Summer and it’s free to play.
- Why not walk at a famous landmark? You could take a walk on the Heath at Ascot Racecourse (during non race days) or walk around Olympic Rowing venue, Dorney Lake. The Long Walk in the Great Park is also another lovely walk. For more walk options in Berkshire click here.
- Play in the Brick Maze at Goswell Park in Windsor.
- Visit Ray Mill Island, Maidenhead. There is loads to see from the River Thames and Boulter’s Lock plus there is a small park, animal sculptures and an aviary of birds.
- Visit your local library (and take part in a Summer challenge if it is running in your library and your child is old enough).
- Visit a Play Park
*Berkshire Mummies has not been asked or paid to write this blog post. I just thought it might be useful. For disclosure purposes Berkshire Mummies has previously been gifted performances at Norden Farm to review. Please note you may need to pay parking charges for some of the activities named above. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.*