‘Flying’ Superheros can open up a whole world of imagination. This simple yet effective craft is great to fly around and give super powers too.
What do I need to make a Flying Superheros?
- A lolly stick per superhero
- Coloured paper or card
- Black paint and coloured paint and paint brushes
- A Black pen
- PVA Glue
- A pair of scissors
How do I make a ‘Flying’ Superheros?
- Paint your lolly stick in the colour of your choice and let it dry.
- Once dry, paint an ‘s’ onto the lolly stick about half way down.
3. To make the superhero cape, cut out a triangle of coloured paper / card about half the length of the lolly stick. Then cut off the tip of the triangle. Trim the cape to size so that the flat part of the cape at the top is flat and the width of the lolly stick.
4. Cut out a rectangle in the same about 1cm high and the width of the lolly stick (see picture below)
5. Stick the paper/card cape onto the lolly stick (opposite side to the ‘S’ with PVA glue. You want to stick the top of the cape on so that it is about 6cm from the top of the lolly stick.
6. The glue the rectangle mask onto the top of the lolly stick (about 3cm from the top).
7. Once the PVA glue has dried and the mask and cape are firmly attached to the lolly stick you can draw on the face. Add the eyes to the mask and a smile to the lolly stick (Refer to picture at the top of the blog post).
Now the Superheros are ready for action!
Can your child give their new superhero / superheroes a super power? How will they use their super power? Does your child have a super power?
If you have enjoyed this craft, why not take a look at the other craft ideas on the blog?
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.