Drawing with chalk is an impactful and easy way to create effective firework pictures. We spent a lovely afternoon producing our firework chalk drawings.
What do I need to make firework chalk drawings?
- Coloured chalk (we used jumbo chalks but smaller ones would also work)
- Black Paper or card
- A pot of cold tap water
How do I make firework chalk drawings?
- Soak the tip of your chalks in water for 2-3 minutes allowing the water to absorb into the drawing end of the chalk. If you’re using smaller chalks it might not take as long.
- Put your black card or paper out ready to draw on.
- Use the chalks to draw firework patterns on the card or paper. See picture for inspiration. When we tried this we found layering colours and patterns gave the best effect.
- Let the card or paper dry.
If you have enjoyed this craft, check out lots more ideas on the blog.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Only use ingredients that don’t cause allergies and aren’t a choke hazard. Make sure the activity is age appropriate and supervise at all times.