Easter Salt Dough Decorations always look great on an Easter Tree and certainly add the homemade feel to your Easter decorating. Alternatively, why not gift Easter Salt Dough Decorations to friends and family.
What do you need to make the salt dough?
Simply mix – 1/2 cup of salt, 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of plain flour into a bowl, adding the water a bit at a time to the dry ingredients, then mix and squish them together until you end up with a ball of dough.
You will also need Easter shaped cookie cutters – we used an egg shape to make Easter Eggs Decorations.
How do you make the salt dough decorations?
- Roll the salt dough out on a flat floured surface.
- Cut out Easter shapes using the cookie cutter/s.
- Put a hole at the top of each shape for hanging.
- Cook the salt dough on gas mark 2 or 3 for about 3 hours in the oven.
- When cooled, paint the decorations and let them dry.
- Thread the decorations with a piece of wool for hanging.
If you have enjoyed reading about how to make homemade salt dough decorations, click here for more ‘At Home‘ activities.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. This recipe is not for eating. Supervise activity and make sure activity is age appropriate.