Do you have a child who is Dinosaur mad? Then why not make some Dinosaur Footprints?
What do I need to make Dinosaur Footprints?
- Toy dinosaurs with different footprints (that you don’t mind putting in paint and can wash paint off!)
- Shallow dishes with coloured child-friendly paint in them.
- Plain paper – you could also use a roll of plain brown paper and use the mark making as wrapping paper or print onto plain card to make gift cards or gift tags.
How do I make Dinosaur Footprints?
- Put the paper you are using for painting on a flat surface.
- Put the child-friendly paint into shallow dishes.
- Dip your dinosaurs ‘sole’ of the foot into paint.
- Make Dinosaur Footprints on the paper – can you make dinosaur tracks in a line or pattern? Can you use different dinosaurs to look at the different footprints they make? Can you make a colourful repeating pattern using the dinosaurs feet with different colours and footprints?
What other toys can you use for mark making? Maybe vehicles or toy bricks for example.
Could your child go outside with some chalk and make some marks on a hard surface? Patio slabs are great for this activity.
Why don’t you cook some biscuits and add dinosaur footprints to them before you cook them.
If you have found this activity of interest, click here to view some more.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies.