I have always found when we make a Christmas cake we always have some marzipan left over so I have always created something with the left over marzipan. Here are some simple Christmas Marzipan Treats which could make a great gift or tasty treat over the festive season.
What do I need to make the marzipan treats?
- Christmas themed cookie cutters
- A sprinkling of icing sugar
- A rolling pin
- 150g marzipan
- 50g chocolate
- Bowl and spoon
- Grease proof paper
- A baking tray
How do I make the Christmas marzipan treats?
- Sprinkle a dusting of icing sugar onto a flat surface and on your rolling pin. Roll out your marzipan so it’s approx 1/2cm thick.
- Then cut out your Christmas shapes using your cookie cutters.
- Now melt the chocolate on a high heat in the microwave for 1 minute, stir it, if it’s not quite melted put it in for another 30s, repeat until melted. Just watch you don’t burn the chocolate as it’s easy to do.
- Now line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- The place the cut marzipan treat shapes onto the baking tray.
- Dip a small metal spoon into the melted of chocolate and hold the spoon up above a marzipan treat and move the chocolate covered spoon from side to side so chocolate drizzles onto the marzipan shapes to make a striped pattern, or coat the whole of the top of the marzipan shapes in chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set before serving or packaging for gifts.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
If you have found the Berkshire Mummies Christmas What’s on Guide in Berkshire useful why not follow Berkshire Mummies;
Join the Mailing List.
Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer. Ensure an adult supervises the making of these Christmas Marzipan Treat. Check for allergies before cooking and serving and avoid any ingredients not suitable.