Why not have a go at making a Cardboard Tube Octopus? Can you imagine meeting one of these cute little Octopus at the bottom of the sea? Does your child know how many legs and octopus has got?
What do you need to make an Cardboard Tube Octopus?
- A cardboard tube.
- A coloured pen and a pencil.
- PVA glue.
- Googly eyes or stickers for eyes.
How to make a Cardboard Tube Octopus?
- Paint the toilet roll the colour you would like your Octopus and let it dry.
- Once dry, at the bottom of the tube cut 8 lengths, evenly spaced apart about a quarter of the way up the toilet role.
- Once all 8 legs have been cut, decorate the octopus legs with a coloured pen (see picture).
- Get a pencil and wrap each leg around the pencil so it curls (see picture).
- Then decorate the octopus legs with a coloured pen (see picture).
- Then draw on the octopuses face and stick on the eyes.
Can you create an underwater scene for your Octopus?
Could you make another under the sea creature?
If you have enjoyed this craft activity, click here for more ideas.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity, especially when using scissors. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.