Cardboard Tube Love Bugs are a great chance to get creative and spread some love.
What do you need to make Cardboard Tube Love Bugs?
- Cardboard tubes.
- Pink/red/purple paint.
- Coloured paper/card.
- Pipe Cleaners (Pink/Red/ Purple/Silver/ Gold).
- A coloured pen and a pencil.
- PVA glue.
- Googly eyes or stickers for eyes.
- Sticky tape.
How to make Cardboard Tube Love Bugs?
- Paint the toilet roll the colour you would like your Love Bugs to be and let them dry.
- Once dry, you can start to decorate your Love Bugs – have a look at the picture above for inspiration. Hearts or letters spelling words relating to ‘love’ work well.
- For smaller Love Bugs cut the tube in half otherwise leave them the whole height of the cardboard tube.
- Use googly eyes for the eyes and add anti and arms/legs with pipe cleaners. To do this use the pva glue to add the eye.
- To add the antenna, just stick one end of the pipe cleaners in the cardboard tube with sticky tape.
- Add the legs/arms to the cardboard tube – to do this add 3 pipe cleaners on one side and 3 directly opposite each hole on the other side. (You can use a metal kitchen skewer to do this, make sure an adult does this part as it can be quite tough getting the skewer through the cardboard tube).
Love Bugs can make a love gift to spread some love or could be used for role play.
For more love related activities how about making some Heart Jam Tarts or making a Heart Bird Feeder or Heart Sun Catcher.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity, especially when using scissors. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.