If you go down in the woods today you might meet some very cute little bears! Here is how I made these cardboard tube bears.
What do I need to make a Bear?
- Brown and black paint (to make brown paint you can mix blue, red and yellow together, for lighter brown paint add more yellow paint.)
- A paint brush
- Googly Eyes
- A sheet of coloured paper and a sheet of white paper
- PVA Glue
- A Cardboard Tube
How do I make a Bear?
- Paint a cardboard tube brown.
- Paint a piece of white paper brown.
- When the painted cardboard tube is dried, paint a lighter brown circle or oval in the middle of the front side of the cardboard tube.
- Draw two ears on the paper which you painted brown and cut them out.
- Once the cardboard tube is completely dry, place a line of PVA glue on the bottom of the ears (painted side) and stick them inside the top of the cardboard tube so they stick out at the top (see photo above).
- With the glue, stick two googly eyes above the oval / circle you painted in the middle of the cardboard tube.
- Paint a nose and smile onto your bear inside the lighter brown oval / circle (refer to picture)
- As a finishing touch cut out a little bow tie in coloured paper and stick it onto the bear underneath the oval / circle (refer to picture)
Why not build a home for your bear or take him for a picnic?
If you have enjoyed this craft, take a look at the others crafts on the blog for inspiration and ideas.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
Join the Mailing List.
Please make sure that the activity is supervised at all times. Only use materials that are age appropriate for those participating in the craft or activity. Also, make sure you avoid anything that may cause an issue with regards to allergies. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.