Here is how I made some bottle top spiders from plastic milk bottle tops.
What do I need to make the Bottle Top Spiders
- Plastic Milk Bottle Tops
- Black card or paper
- Round stickers
- Permanent black marker pen
How to make the Bottle Top Spiders
- Colour in the plastic milk bottle tops with the permanent black marker pen. I recommend an adult doing this bit and I pre-prepared this part of the activity. Make sure you leave drying time.
- Cut lengths of black paper or card so you have 4 pieces in total, approx 10cm each and 1 cm wide. Each length of paper will make two spider legs.
- Now fold each of the legs a couple of times to add texture to the legs (see picture).
- Sticky tape the 4 lengths of black paper or card inside your bottle top. You want to have equal amounts of the paper / card either side of the ‘body’ of the spider – see photo for reference.
- Add the stickers for the eyes.
Why not use your spiders to decorate the dining table or add them to a Halloween sensory tub?
For more craft ideas click here.
Follow Berkshire Mummies
There are several different ways in which you can follow Berkshire Mummies, here’s how;
Join the Mailing List.
Supervise this activity at all times and ensure the activity is age appropriate and you are happy with the materials used. Avoid choke hazards. Click here to view the Berkshire Mummies disclaimer.