Making prints from fruit and vegetables is simple and effective to do. It’s a great technique to use for making pictures and gift cards.
What do I need to make an Apple Print Dancing Butterfly?
- An apple.
- Child friendly paints.
- Paper or card.
- Coloured pens.
- Stickers (optional).
- A straw or stick.
How do I make an Apple Print Dancing Butterfly?
- Cut an apple in half (adult to do this).
- Paint the two halves of an apple – they can be the same colour or different colours.
- Then press the apple onto a piece of paper or card – you can then make a series of apple prints.
- Then once you have made your apple prints, let the paint dry.
- Once dry, add features to your apple prints to make them into a butterfly.
- Add a body down the centre of the apple print with paint or pens (see picture).
- Add a face using pens.
- Then decorate the wings of the butterfly (see picture). You could use paint, pens and / or stickers.
- Once dry cut out your butterfly / butterflies.
- Then use sellotape to attach your cut out butterfly onto a straw or stick.
- Now your butterfly is ready to fly around.
What other animals could you make from your apple prints? May a spider, a lady bird or even a lion?
Could you make a gift card with some apple prints? Maybe you could add a stem to make it look like lots of apples on the card?